What escalation is
No flow can anticipate and handle every possible issue. When a user's support request cannot be resolved by a flow, the conversation can be escalated to an external support system.
How conversations become escalated
Conversations become escalated if the flow runs out of things to suggest and the user indicates the problem is not resolved.
Specifically, conversations become escalated under any of the following conditions:
- The user opens the assistant menu and selects "Escalate" and is thus taken to the "Escalate from menu" jump target.
- The user rejects every symptom or solution in the flow and is automatically taken to the "Out of solutions" jump target.
- The user reaches a manually-created "Out of solutions" jump.
What happens when a conversation is escalated
- The conversation is marked as escalated within your analytics.
- When the conversation ends, if there are any email addresses specified in "Escalation email recipients" in the flow settings, a transcript of the conversation is emailed to them.
Gathering more information during escalation
It's often necessary to reach out to users after an escalated conversation, so you may need to collect contact information during the escalation process. You can do this by including a contact form for the user to fill out after the "Out of solutions" or "Escalate from menu" jump target. The information the user enters into the form becomes part of the conversation's form data and transcript and can be used by Actions nodes when sending emails or creating external tickets.