Create the node
- Double-click the canvas background to create a new node.
- Select the node type "Live support".
- The node is added to the canvas.
Configure the node
The live support node is created with default settings. You can change these settings as appropriate for your team by editing the node.
Click the live support node to edit it.
For a detailed explanation of the settings and how they work, see Live support settings.
Connect the node
Connect the live support node to the rest of your flow as desired.
- The connector on the left edge is the input connector and determines when the user will enter live support. You may wish to have this as an alternative after troubleshooting or as an option immediately after the flow start.
- Each of the node's outcome options also has an exit connector for determining what happens if the live chat has that particular outcome. All connectors must be connected for the flow to be published.
- The "Resolved" outcome occurs once an agent joins the user's live chat and then subsequently completes and ends the chat.
- The "Declined" outcome occurs if an agent declines the user's live chat. This can be done to clear out spam or chats started in error.
- The "Queue timeout" outcome occurs if the conversation waits in the queue for five minutes without being joined by a support agent.
Note: The "Queue timeout" outcome is deprecated in favor of the "Customer skipped" and "No agent capacity" outcomes explained below.
- The "Customer skipped" outcome occurs if the user cancels the live support request. By default, the user is able to do this if the conversation waits in the queue for one minute without being joined by a support agent. See Live support settings - Offer customer to leave for configuration options.
- The "No agent capacity" outcome occurs if there are no available agents who are allowed to take more conversations. By default, this will not happen. See Live support settings - Max concurrent conversations per agent for configuration options.