Create and embed flow components
For more context on what flow components are used for, see Understand flow components.
Create a component
- Click the "SELECT MULTIPLE" button in the left toolbar to enter multiple select mode.
- Click and drag a selection box around the nodes you want to make into a component. They will be outlined in orange.
- Right-click one of the selected nodes and click "Create component".
- Enter a name for the component.
- Click CREATE. The selected steps will be collapsed into a component.
Update a component
- Double-click the collapsed component.
- The component is opened within the canvas.
- Make whatever changes are desired to the flow as normal.
Note: Updating a component will update that component in all flows that include that component.
- To return to the parent flow, click its name in the top left corner.
Create component entrances and exits
- Inside a component, double-click the canvas and select Flow Control → Component In for a new entrance or Flow Control → Component Out for a new exit.
- Name your new entrance or exit.
- Connect your new entrance or exit as appropriate within the component.
- In the parent flow, new entrances or exits are available as connection points on the included component.
Add a component to a flow
- Open the flow in which you'd like to add a component.
- Double-click on the canvas in the area where you'd like to add the component.
- From the add menu, select the component you wish to add.
- The component is added to the canvas.
- Connect the component to the rest of the flow as desired.