This tutorial will step you through setting up your team, creating a simple default flow, and adding the Mavenoid assistant to your website. It is expected to take less than ten minutes.
You will need:
- An account. If you don't have one yet, you can sign up easily - see Create an account.
Set up your team
If you don't need to give anyone else access to your Mavenoid integration yet, you can skip this step. Otherwise, follow this process to invite new team members.
- While logged in to Mavenoid, open the menu in the top right.
- Select "Team settings".
- Click the "INVITE PEOPLE" button in the top right. This will open the "Invite people" dialog.
- Enter as many emails as desired, either one per line or separated with commas.
- If the people you're inviting should be able to invite people themselves, check the "Can invite people" box.
- If the people you're inviting should be able to modify your organisation's flows, check the "Can modify flows" box.
- If the people you're inviting should be able to support users in the agent dashboard, check the "Can use agent dashboard" box.
- Click the "Send invitations" button in the bottom right.
- Invitation emails will be sent to the listed email addresses. These emails contain a "SIGN UP" button the users can click to set up their account and join your organisation.
See Manage your team for more information on managing your team members and permissions.
Create a flow
Flows control the assistant and determine what questions and suggestions are provided to the end user. To be able to use the assistant, you'll need to have at least one flow.
- While logged in to Mavenoid, click the Mavenoid logo in the top left. This will take you to the flows list.
- Click the large "CREATE A FLOW" button in the middle.
- Select the "Live support" template.
- Click "CREATE FLOW". This will create a new flow in your organization based on the "Live support" template and open it for editing.
- Click the gear icon in the top right toolbar to open the flow settings panel.
- Specify a relevant name such as "Live support".
- Click the "PUBLISH" button in the top right toolbar to publish your new flow.
You now have a simple flow that goes directly to live support. Flows are powerful and you can create additional and more complex ones, but that is beyond the scope of this tutorial. See Intro to flows for more information.
Configure the assistant
Now that you have a flow, you can add the Mavenoid assistant to your website so that your users can access it. Access the assistant settings by opening the top right menu and selecting "Assistant settings".
This will take you to the assistant appearance page. If you wish, you can customize the assistant's color scheme on this page.
Style the assistant
- The settings are on the left side and a preview of the assistant is on the right. Under the "Preview" header, you can click between "Question card" and "Solution card" to change which preview is displayed. The text shown is not from your flow but is simply illustrative.
- To use a predefined color theme, under "Widget appearance" click "Select a theme" and then click the desired theme.
- To instead specify individual colors, under "Widget appearance" click "Select colors". This will allow you to modify the six colors used by the assistant.
- For each color, specify the desired hex code. The preview will update with any change you make.
- When you are satisfied with your assistant's appearance, click "SAVE".
Embed the assistant
Now you can add the assistant to your website.
- Click "Embed" in the left navigation.
- Copy the displayed code and include it before the
</body>tag on every page on which you want the assistant to appear.
- Once you've added the code and published it, open your website and reload the page if necessary. The assistant button should appear in the bottom right corner.
Note that if your website is using a content security policy to control the loading of external resources, you may need to allow some additional domains to enable the Mavenoid assistant to work. See Allow Mavenoid resources in your site's content security policy for details.
You are now set up with an assistant with a simple flow. To learn more advanced techniques for building and improving flows, head to the flows section. To learn how to use Mavenoid's agent dashboard to provide live support, head to the agent dashboard section or jump right in to Tutorial - Your first live chat.